Monday, February 2, 2009

Statement Necklaces

About a year ago I ripped a page from a J. Crew catalog because of a the shirt in the picture. I was looking at the picture a couple weeks ago and I fell deeply in love with the gigantic bib necklace in the picture. It was bobbley, huge, and colorful. I immediately cruised over to the J. Crew website to see if they had created similar necklaces for this season.

IN FACT THEY HAD!

Though I have scoured for statement (AKA Bib) necklaces elsewhere, I haven't found any worth mentioning aside from those by J. Crew (thought Anthropologie has a few). I like that the metals are simply what hold it together and aren't intended to contribute to the statement. The entire bib is just colored pieces.

Here are a few of their styles:


I think my favorite is this and I am counting the days and the dollars in my bank account until the day I can get it.

Perfect with a scoop neck or a crisp white oxford shirt. I am thinking the Bright Berry color, thoughts?

PS: Did you know that you can get %15 off at J. Crew when you present your student ID?!?! That brings the necklace down to $127.50!

2 comments:

  1. those necklaces are awesome!! those are from j.crew?? i like the fresh mint necklace

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know aren't they? All the pictures are of necklaces from J. Crew. Check out more from Anthropologie!

    ReplyDelete